- The Castle of Good Hope for hosting us - Julia and Luke of Savage and Strong for event production assistance - The 20 breweries and 13 food + non-alcoholic beverage vendors who participated - The stellar DJs who kept the crowds grooving well into the eve - Quicket and TicketPony for making ticketing seamless and easy - Easi-Print and Minuteman Press for printing beautiful marketing materials and signage
- Bedouin Tentz for the stretch tent
- Golden Circle for power and sound - Gold Otter Media for the photobooth - Blue Star Medical team - The Cape Field Artillery (CFA) Pipes and Drums band for their performances - All of the bloggers and media outlets who helped promote the festival: before, during, and after the fact
- Lucy Corne aka The Brewmistress for organising the karaoke collab speciality brew series
- Troye May at #BEERTIME for running a live podcast session at the fest - Orion security team for making sure people were safe throughout the day - Cape Town tourism for setting up their van and giving away promo materials
- Inxwala organisation for gathering books and blankets for charity - Yoco for setting us up with a fantastically easy card-less payment system - Maddy Bazil, Sam Pinkert, Brendon Wainright, Tyron van der Berg for the photos (coming now to Facebook and elsewhere!)
- James Nhira for capturing the day on video
2019 Woodstock Winter Beer Festival!
August 2, 2019
Last weekend we hosted the 5th annual Woodstock Winter Beer Festival, and a week later we are still buzzing!
With 20 local craft breweries, a range of amazing food vendors, a killer lineup of DJs, and more, there was something for everyone: a brew, a bite, a boogie. And after a week of bleak grey skies and rain, the weather goddesses blessed us on Saturday with glorious sunshine - perfect festival weather.
Anyone who remembers the early years of the festival can agree we've come a long way. From partying in the Mason's Press parking garage to the historic Castle of Good Hope, we've definitely scaled up.
We're proud to have solved some of the growing pains that have plagued us in past years... last year's entrance queues, we're looking at you! Maybe we're picking up a few stompies here but by all accounts we've heard this year's festival was a well-oiled (or should we say well-hopped) machine. But we certainly couldn't have made this year's WWBF happen without major help from a whole crew of legends.
Big thanks to everyone who came to jol with us, and special thanks go to the following:
And of course everyone who attended - thanks for bringing the gees and dancing up a storm with us. Cheers to you! We're already stoked for next winter's festival.
With love and beer,